Before departing for Ski Arpa
- On the day of your visit you should make sure we are operating before you make the drive to Valle El Arpa
- Please provide us with the name of your hotel where you will be staying so we can contact you in the event of closure
- If it is raining in the valley chances are pretty good that we will not be operating. We will contact you by 8am as long as we have your contact number
- Please check the Ski Arpa website for current snow and road conditions
- We recommend the use of 4×4 vehicle to comfortably arrive to Ski Arpa. We recommend that you contact Santiago Adventures for transportation and lodging arrangements.
Ski / Snowboard Rental
- Please bring all necessary equipment as we have no rental equipment
Avalanche Safety Equipment
- If you have your own avalanche beacon, shovel and probe please bring them
- We require the use of avalanche beacons and provide them to all skiers and riders at no additional charge
- While you are preparing for your day at the Refugio, your guide will provide you with an Avalanche Beacon and instructions on its use
- You are responsible for care of our beacon and will be charged $300 for a lost or damaged beacon.
Arrival & Preparation
- Please arrive by 9:30AM to prepare for a 10:15AM departure in the first cat up
- We will wait 15 minutes but if you do not arrive by 10:30AM the cat will depart
- If you miss the first cat up your reservation will be considered a NO-SHOW and you will not be refunded.
- Keep in mind the approximate arrival times with good road conditions:
Los Andes/San Esteban 1 hour
Santiago 2 hours 15 minutes
Portillo 2 hours 30 minutes
Ski Arpa to SCL Airport 2 hours 15 minutes. (flights after 8pm on the day of your visit are ok)
On the Mountain
- The cat ride from the Refugio to the top takes approximately 20 minutes. Each run lasts approximately 20-30 minutes. In total with loading and unloading each run takes approximately 1 hour
- Please follow guide instructions at all times. Access to the slopes is controlled by the guides and you may only ski/ride where they indicate it is safe. All descents are led by a Ski Arpa guide.
- If there are differences in skier levels we can split into smaller groups led by different guides. We normally have 2 guides per cat so you can expect approximately 1 guide per 6 persons.
- When you arrive to the cat road STOP – never go down the cat road, wait there for the cat or for further guide instructions
- Our guides reserve the rights to dismiss any skier or rider for failure to follow their instructions
- The day typically ends at 3pm back at Refugio Avalancha
- Lunch is NOT included in your program
- Snacks and beverage are sold in Refugio Avalanchas
- The cat might not return to the refugio for lunch so it is best to bring your lunch in your backpack
- You can leave your backpack on the cat while you ski
- The tap water from Ski Arpa comes from our mountain spring and is not treated. We recommend you drink the bottled water we sell at the refugio.
- Additional runs will be made at the discretion of the guide at the end of the scheduled runs
- Additional runs are paid in cash at the end of the day $30/person/run in US dollars or Chilean Pesos
- If we are closed due to weather you have the following options:
Change your reservation to the next available day
- If we are closed for mechanical reasons we provide 100% refund based on the number of runs missed